7 February 2015

The 7 Minute Pencil Skirt: Tutorial


 
Hello there lovely people, hope your day is going well.

This week I realised I hadn't done a tutorial in forever! I know they are popular and I really do enjoy them so you'll be seeing some more on here.

This skirt actually took me less than 7 minutes but I've been sewing for about 3 years now, It should take you around that time mark, it's super easy

So this is a dress I bought for a £1 I completely fell in love with the print it's gorgeous. I decided even though it was immodest it would be useful.

You'll need a skirt that fit's you well so you can copy it. Make sure it is made of the same stretchy material as the dress. 


I folded both the skirt and the dress in half and laid the skirt on the folded dress like so.

Then I cut around the skirt leaving around a centimetre as seam allowance.
I sewed the two pieces right sides together and had myself a new skirt. 


(So just to say I actually threw this skirt away it was too tight for my liking but I knew doing a tutorial and showing you how I styled it would help some people.)

Have an awesome day and keep the look out for a new skirt in the shop. 
xxx

2 comments: