3 July 2014

Tutorial: How to take in a Skirt

Hey everyone!
Hope you`re all having a great week so far.

This tutorial is on something that I take for granted a lot I think because it's so easy I naively think everyone knows how to do it. It is probably the simplest but most requested thing I do for my friends, family literally everyone who knows me.

All you need is:
  • A skirt that is too big for you
  • A Sewing machine or a needle and thread
  • A few pins



 This skirt is one I made a while ago, it sat on my hips but like most skirts I wear I wanted it at my 'high' waist.

First you need to put the skirt on inside out


Pinch the skirt where it needs to be taken in. Rather than taking in a huge bit by itself  I usually take it in either side or sometimes even three seperate places.

Then using the pins, secure the pinches you are holding.

Now its time to sew, take the skirt off and sew on the inside of the pin like this:

I only sew down to where the pin stops, about an inch. If you are hand sewing this is when you need the needle and thread to sew. 

Sometimes I cut the extra fabric off but most times I leave it so if I need to take it out I always can.

Turn it back the right way, now your skirt is ready.

Have an awesome week. Be blessed and enjoy! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment